[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Stateless Session EJB Endpoint (JBossWS Native)

tperrigo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 11:32:53 EDT 2008

JBoss 5.0.0.CR2, JBossWS Native (latest distribution).   I've got a stateless session bean that I want to use as a web service endpoint.  I created an Eclipse project using the (very handy!) ant tasks provided by the JBossWS Native distribution.  I created my @Stateless-annotated implementation class, and specified (using @Remote) the remote interface for the class.

Using ant build file generated by the JBossWS ant tasks, I was able to build and deploy my jar file, although, both at app server startup and deployment time, I receive the following error:

  | /usr/local/jboss-5.0.0.CR2/server/logos/deploy/jbossws-container-jboss-beans.xml -> java.lang.IllegalStateException: WSKernelLocator is already installed.

The web service appears in the list of deployed services in the jbossws console, but I thought for my first test I would simply try to invoke the service as an EJB (through the Remote interface).  The JNDI lookup succeeds (it finds an object with the proper JNDI name), but when I try to cast it to the EJB's Remote Interface, I get a ClassCastException.  When I print out the actual type of the object returned from the JNDI lookup, I find that it is an instance of javax.naming.Reference.

So my questions are:
(1) Does anyone know what the startup / deployment error means?

(2) Why can't I seem to get a reference to my RemoteInterface via a JNDI lookup?  (Why the ClassCastException?)

Sorry for being so long-winded, I just wanted to include anything that might help.  Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Tim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185771#4185771

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185771