[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Cannot create custom login module

billsmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 13:13:15 EDT 2008

Hi, I am trying to make some changes to the LdapExtLoginModule, however I am running into some issues.

We are currently running fine with ClientLoginModule and the LdapExtLoginModule

I have tried compiling a new version of the class which was the same as the original with the exception of a new package name.  I changed the config in login-config.xml to point to the new class. (So everything should be the same with the exception of the class name, which is the same code as the original)

I put the jar with the new class com.test.LdapExtLoginModule in jboss-as/lib

When I try and go to the site I get the message.

  | type Status report
  |
  | message Cannot authenticate with the provided credentials
  |
  | description This request requires HTTP authentication (Cannot authenticate with the provided credentials).

There are no errors in the log file that I can see. Amy ideas what I am missing. As soon as I replace the class name in login-config with the original I can login.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185795#4185795

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185795