[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: LRUPolicy eviction policy

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 13:41:29 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | The general rule is that implicitly created nodes are not being counted for eviction. They are not structural nodes neither (e.g. if you add something to them they will be considered for eviction).

Hi Mircea,
  Ok I need to brush up on my jboss cache terminology, so correct me if im wrong

Structural Nodes are what you would call resident nodes??? So in this example "/evictiontest/LRU" would be a structural node.

Implicitly created nodes are nodes which are created to make up the tree path to get to the data node so in this example "/a/b" would be implicit nodes.

So in lay man terms, if a node in a region has a data item attached, the maxNodes counter goes up one, if not then the counter stays the same!!

Thanks for your time Mircea,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185801#4185801

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185801