[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Improving speed app with concurrent transactions/hits

sunkishorej2ee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 09:53:56 EDT 2008

Hi guys,
             I had been using JBOSS4.2.0GA in my development environ for the past 9-12months....now when concurrent hits reach the app in production environ, it slows down(in fact nothin happens and comes down to a hault for a while i.e., 5-10sec)....I had tried to improve the JVM opts in run.bat(for windows)...like in my run.bat i have the following...

rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

rem Memory configuration to delay PermGen: OutOfMemoryError(s)
set JAVA_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m %JAVA_OPTS%

rem Garbage Collection configuration to fix PermGen: OutOfMemoryError(s)
set JAVA_OPTS= -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled %JAVA_OPTS%

rem With Sun JVMs reduce the RMI GCs to once per hour
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000

              Let me be clear , as the  concurrent hits increases the hault time becomes more... Thought the above steps could be sufficient for heavy transactions under concurrent usage,but afraid that it doesnt impact much on performance enhancement.....In fact it is fine by large when no concurrent hits even with heavy transaction size....
              So, I request you guys to guide me through any options for solving my performance slow down in production environ.....

Thanks and Regards
Kishore

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186033#4186033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186033