[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - How to configure JMSAppender in JBoss?

prpo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 17:50:36 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure JMSAppender in JBoss 4.2.3
I modified the root jboss-log4j.xml (at server/default/conf) to enable the appender.

  |        <appender name="TESTLOGGINGJMS" class="org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender">
  |        	 <param name="Threshold" value="ERROR"/>
  |          <param name="ProviderURL" value="localhost" />
  |          <param name="InitialContextFactoryName" value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" />
  |          <param name="URLPkgPrefixes" value="org.jboss.naming  rg.jnp.interfaces" />
  |          <param name="TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName" value="TopicConnectionFactory"/>
  |          <param name="TopicBindingName" value="topic/loggingTopic"/>
  |        </appender>

I add my own logger to the same file as

  |          <logger name="com.prpo" additivity="false">
  |        	<appender-ref ref="TESTLOGGINGJMS" />
  |        </logger>

When I start the jboss server, looks like the server is waiting for the topic to be created.
And throws an exception saying

  |      14:26:34,627 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:jboss-log4j.xml
  |     log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [TESTLOGGINGJMS].
  |     javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]]

This is because the JMS topic is not created yet. I create the topic via a -service.xml file using MBeans.

How can I delay initializing the log4j appender until the topic is created?

thanks
Pras

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186140#4186140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186140