[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JVM arguments for increasing performance of JBoss.

dgenkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 20:11:01 EDT 2008

Peter,

What do you think about the following JAVa arguments?:

JAVA_OPTS=" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -server -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:NewSize=256m -XX:MaxNewSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:+UseParallelGC -verbose:memory -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Djava.security.policy=$JAVA_HOME/lib/security/java.policy "

I have started jboss with this configuration on test environment right now. The apps seem to work a little faster, but i will have my QA team do load testing next week and try killing jboss and check performance.

I am new to JVM tuning, so I am experimenting right now and trying to find the optimum between performance and stability.

thank you in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186150#4186150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186150