[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Navigating by JBoss hosted documentation should more friendl

skajotde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 1 15:32:17 EDT 2008

Hi

I have much bookmarks with JBoss Documentation. Sometime there are obsolete and there is no way to find correct URL, eg:

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/beta500/html/Transactions_on_JBoss.html

Developing requires links direct to documentation not only to root like http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/. I think first step is check "...Server_Configuration_Guide/beta500/html/" but jboss.org server shows message "Sorry, you don't have access to this resource".

Also link would be some shorter. Eg http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/Server_Configuration_Guide/beta500/html/

Documentation should be more friendly ;> Eg by enter "...Server_Configuration_Guide/beta500/html/" I suppose to browse folder. Documentation is not secret thing ;> It would be nice if by entering http://docs.jboss.org I could browse docs for all JBoss projects only by traverse folders.

Even free access should be allowed to read all docs by move/click accross folders (up folder). Sometimes I seek enter point to documentation long time but click one level up would be much faster. It is standard Apache behaviour.

http://docs.jboss.org
  |   - jbossas
  |     - configuration
  |        - beta500
  |        - 4.2.2.GA
  |     - gettingstarted
  |   - jbosstm
  |   - ...

Next implication is documentation will be searchable by Google ;> only type eg "gg site:docs.jboss.org transaction manager" and developing will be simpler.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173642#4173642

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173642