[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss Portal Portlet 2.0 compatiblility

mbien do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 3 05:30:53 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

is the JBoss Portal 2.7.0b implementation of the Portlet 2.0 spec already feature complete?

I got a ClassCastException in my prototype while evaluating the Portal event wirering.

anonymous wrote :
  | portlet 2.0 events rock!
  | java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.EventRequestImpl cannot be cast to javax.portlet.RenderRequest
  | 	at org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.taglib.DefineObjectsTag.doEndTag(DefineObjectsTag.java:63)
  | 	at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.iframe.iframe_jsp._jspService(iframe_jsp.java:67)
  | 	at org.jboss.portal.core.servlet.jsp.PortalJsp.service(PortalJsp.java:143)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:336)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
  | 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

(afaik JBP should expect a PortletRequest instead of a RenderRequest if it implements the Portlet 2.0 spec at this point)

I also noticed some differences comparing the jboss doc with the apache pluto portlet 2.0 reference impl (e.g PortletRequestDispatcher):
http://portals.apache.org/pluto/portlet-api/apidocs/javax/portlet/PortletRequestDispatcher.html
http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.7.0.B1/javadoc/portlet/javax/portlet/PortletRequestDispatcher.html

thank you in advance,

mbien