[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - jboss-4.2.3.GA with MySQL Server 5.0 configuration problem

dan jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 3 18:30:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am new to Jboss. I just installed it and I wanted to configure the JMS persistence with MySql.
When the server starts up it goes through the creation of a few tables that I can see in the dedicated database:

mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_jboss |
+-----------------+
| jbm_counter     |
| jbm_dual        |
| jbm_msg_ref     |
| jbm_role        |
| jbm_tx          |
| jbm_user        |
| timers          |
+-----------------+
7 rows in set (0.04 sec)

But then I get the following error on the server start window:

3:54:01,768 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=DefaultDS' to
JNDI name 'java:DefaultDS'
3:54:02,140 WARN  [JDBCPersistenceManager]

Boss Messaging Warning: DataSource connection transaction isolation should be READ_COMMITTED, but it is currently REPEATABLE_READ.
                        Using an isolation level less strict than READ_COMMITTED may lead to data consistency problems.
                        Using an isolation level more strict than READ_COMMITTED may lead to deadlock.

3:54:02,374 WARN  [SecurityMetadataStore] WARNING! POTENTIAL SECURITY RISK. It has been detected that the MessageSucker component w
ich sucks messages from one node to another has not had its password changed from the installation default. Please see the JBoss Me
saging user guide for instructions on how to do this.
3:54:02,418 INFO  [ServerPeer] JBoss Messaging 1.4.0.SP3 server [0] started
3:54:02,447 WARN  [JDBCSupport] SQLException caught, SQLState 42000 code:1064- assuming deadlock detected, try:1
om.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds t
 your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CONDITION, SELECTOR, CHANNEL_ID, CLUSTERED, ALL_NODES FROM JBM_POSTOFF
CE WHERE ' at line 1
       at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
       at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)
       at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1030)
       at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3491)
       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3423)

It retries forever.
Are the initial warning an indication of some problem or they are just warnings (for the moment I am not too concerned about security).
It didn't look like a configuration problem to me since it has been able to access the database.
Can anybody help please? Thanks.

Dan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174122#4174122

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174122