[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: shutting down jboss server running on a machine having m

Mahi_nath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 01:08:59 EDT 2008

Thanks for your reply....
but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
i tried with anonymous wrote : ./shutdown.sh -H X.X.X.108:8500 787876

and i got the error as follows:
anonymous wrote : Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain
  |  connection to any of these urls: localhost:34446 [Root exception is javax.namin
  | g.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:34446 [Root exce
  | ption is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server l
  | ocalhost:34446 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
  | ]]
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1202)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:516)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)
  | Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server loca
  | lhost:34446 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed
  | to connect to server localhost:34446 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectExceptio
  | n: Connection refused]]
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:213)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1187)
  |         ... 4 more
  | Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server
  |  localhost:34446 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refuse
  | d]
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:187)
  |         ... 5 more
  | Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory
  | .java:69)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory
  | .java:62)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:183)
  |         ... 5 more

Also i tried with naming service port(34446) instead of port 8500 and iam getting the same error(mentioned above).

Please could you suggest me any other way.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174155#4174155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174155