[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Configuring ejb3-timer-service.xml (JBoss 5.0.0.CR1)

wdfink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 09:11:21 EDT 2008

I try to use the EJB3 timer service with Oracle DS.

First of all I have to use a non XA connection, is the XA protocol not needed?

If I use a local-tx-datasource the table can not created because of an illegal data type.
The Statement:
anonymous wrote : CREATE TABLE QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS(JOB_NAME VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL, JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL, DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(120) NULL, JOB_CLASS_NAME VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, IS_DURABLE VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL, IS_VOLATILE VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL, IS_STATEFUL VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL, REQUESTS_RECOVERY VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL, JOB_DATA BINARY NULL, PRIMARY KEY (JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP))
will not work. The type BINARY is not valid for Oracle.

Do I have to patch the ejb3-timer-service.xml if I change the DB for it or is there a configuration for the different DB types?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174286#4174286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174286