[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: jboss-4.2.3.GA with MySQL Server 5.0 configuration probl

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 13:07:36 EDT 2008

It appears that you did not install JBoss Messaging properly. How did you install it? (I asked this before, you never answered.) Did you run the installation script that comes with it?

The error you are getting is due to pieces of JBossMQ still being present.

To install JBoss Messaging and convert it to use MySQL, you need to:

1) Run the install script, [jboss_messaging]/util/release-admin.xml, it will remove JBossMQ and copy all the files to support JBoss Messaging. (I tried to find the notes for how to run this but did not see them, they are not in the readme.html but they might be on the wiki.)

2) Create a *-ds.xml file for MySQL (instructions are in the wiki, I already gave you the link). Do NOT use "DefaultDS" as the JNDI name unless you want to make a lot of other configuration changes; use amother name such as "MessagingDS".

3) Replace the deploy/jboss-messaging.sar/hsqldb-persistence-service.xml file (I hope I got this directory name correct) with the mysql-persistence-service.xml file from the [jboss_messaging]/examples/config directory. Edit this file to use the JNDI name you chose in step 2. The name appears several time, you will have to change it in every location.

I think that is it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174386#4174386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174386