[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Exception initializing interceptors (EJB3InterceptorsFactory

pdeshmuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 17:13:35 EDT 2008

We are currently running JBoss 4.2.2 and using EJB 2.0 with BMP.  We are also in the process of introducing EJB 3.0 and would like to package EJB 2.0 and EJB 3.0 in the same JAR.  I set the version attribute of our existing ejb-jar.xml to 3.0:

<ejb-jar version="3.0"
  | xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd">

Some of my existing EJB 2.0 beans now fail to deploy.  Here is the exception message:

16:40:27,430 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem creating service jboss.j2ee:ear=EMS.ear,jar=Server.jar,name=TrainingWebService,service=EJB3
  | java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception occurred initialising interceptors for class com.creativesolutions.ems.webservice.training.TrainingWebServiceBean.getTrainingEnrollmentWSOs
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsFactory.createPerJoinpoint(EJB3InterceptorsFactory.java:108)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.advice.AspectFactoryDelegator.createPerJoinpoint(AspectFactoryDelegator.java:119)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.advice.ScopedInterceptorFactory.create(ScopedInterceptorFactory.java:113)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.Advisor.createInterceptorChain(Advisor.java:618)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.Advisor.pointcutResolved(Advisor.java:888)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.Advisor.resolveMethodPointcut(Advisor.java:650)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InterceptorInfoRepository.getBeanClassAroundInvokes(InterceptorInfoRepository.java:136)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsFactory.createPerJoinpoint(EJB3InterceptorsFactory.java:101)
  | 	... 102 more

Here is the code of the failing EJB method:

  public TrainingEnrollmentWSO[] getTrainingEnrollmentWSOs(int trainingClassID, boolean showConfirmedOnly, String clauseType) {
  |     try {
  |     	return new TrainingEnrollmentDAO().getTrainingEnrollmentWSOs(trainingClassID, showConfirmedOnly, clauseType);
  |     }
  |     catch(Exception e) {
  |       ErrorLogger.error(this,e.getMessage(),e);
  |       return null;
  |     }
  |   }

If required, I will be happy to give more information regarding my setup and will appreciate any thoughts that can resolve this issue.

thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174429#4174429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174429