[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Best Practices - data source / pooling configuration

jaand96 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 5 08:30:34 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about JBoss and data source configuration (connection pooling).

We are planning to run 5-10 applications in our JBoss instance. They will all be working with the same database schema. That means we could setup one data source and all apps shared it.

I'm guessing that would be the most efficient but not the safest, for example say if one app is leaking connections.

Another think is managing the data source definitions. Thinking one -ds.xml file rather than one per app is the way to go. That way the admin is in charge of it and not the dev teams.

What are your thoughts about data source / pooling configuration in JBoss?
What I'm after is some kind of best practices surrounding this. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174578#4174578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174578