[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: Issue with the JBoss HelloWorldIPC portlet

apemberton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 5 21:14:22 EDT 2008

Brian:

Thanks for the dilligence; I'm having a similar issue on JBoss Portal 2.6.5.

Basically, if I have two portlets on PageA: PortletA and PortletB, PortletA can only access its own portlet window on the given page.

So, the following code can access any page below PageA and PortletA itself:

public class PortletA extends GenericPortlet {
  |     PortalNode node = ((JBossRenderRequest)request).getPortalNode();
  | 	PortalNode parent = node.getParent();
  | 	Collection<PortalNode> kids = parent.getChildren();
  | 	for (PortalNode kid : kids) {
  | 		out.println("	child node: " + kid.getName());
  | 	}...

FYI: my jboss-portlet.xml looks like:

<portlet>
  | 	<portlet-name>PortletA</portlet-name>
  | 	<transaction>
  | 		<trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
  | 	</transaction>
  | </portlet>

Any ideas?
Thanks,