[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - [Problem] Apache + SSL + JBoss = random images lost

TiamatB5 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 8 03:49:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

We have a problem on a RedHat EL 5.2 64 bits server. As a frontend we use Apache 2.2.3 that's accessed through SSL. That Apache redirects requests to a JBoss 4.3.0 (with sun JDK 1.5.2).

The problem is that, only through SSL access (when we try by http:// or directly accessing JBoss on port 8080 there's no problem), some images are randomly not displayed (red cross in the browser).

After some research, we found out that these images were in the browser cache but with 0 bytes size.

A test has been made with mod_expires to force the images to expire "now" :

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "now"
ExpiresByType text/html "now"
ExpiresByType image/gif "now"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "now"
ExpiresByType image/png "now"
ExpiresByType text/css "now"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "now"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "now"
ExpiresByType text/xml "now"

However, some images from a java component (tomahawk) are still a problem.

Has any of you encountered such a problem and would you have an idea for a solution ?

More information : on our old server (RedHat EL 4 32 bits, Apache 2.0.52, JBoss 4.0.2) there was no such problem.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4174901#4174901

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4174901