[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Scoped Deployment settings cuase LinkageError

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 8 10:36:55 EDT 2008

"Martinator" wrote : Hi again Jaikiran, I did notice that the problem class:

  | javax/servlet/ServletOutputStream.class
  |
  | resides within servlet.jar which I need for my servlet classes and also within servlet-api.jar which is deployed within the jbossweb-tomcat50.sar folder.
  |
  | Do you think that would cause this problem?

Yes that's the problem. Remove the servlet.jar from your application packaging.

Remember that you can include this jar in the build path for compiling your application. But when you package the application for deployment, dont include this jar file. JBoss already has these classes (as you saw in the servlet-api.jar), so you will not run into any runtime dependency issues even if you remove the servlet.jar from your packaging.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175068#4175068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175068