[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - Re: Can't run example (JBoss Messaging 2.1)

huberth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 8 10:50:26 EDT 2008

I realize this thread is over a year old, but for others who find their way here experiencing similar problems...

I was adding JBM 1.4.0 to AS4.2.1 and had similar problems.  My configuration was correct (createJBossMQDestination was false, and my JNDI names were correct).

The issue seems to be timing, as adding an explicit dependency (@Depends) on the topic fixed it.

The app server (in org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer) falls back to creating a temporary topic if it can't find the named one at the time; it is hard-coded to use the MQ destination manager to do this.  Fixing the timing ensures this code is never reached.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175074#4175074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175074