[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Jboss 4.2.1 GA throughput and tuning

smarty_m2002@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 8 12:27:32 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am running my (non-ejb) application on Jboss 4.2.1 GA on Linux machine with Java 1.5. The jboss is configured to use ajp connection pool using apach server in front.
Jboss is configured with the default ajp connection pool settings.
I have following questions

1)	As apache is just in front of jboss(using mod_jk) and not really being used for load balancing or any static data serving, Is it better to use jboss directly or apache-jboss combination is better for performance reasons?
2)	What should be the ajp connection pool settings to serve 30-40 requests per second. If I use direct jboss(without apache), what should be the http connector settings?
3)	Whats the maximum throughput (no of requests per second) I can get from jboss provided jboss takes 1 second to process each request?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175109#4175109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175109