[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - API questions: how to...

roberto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 11:11:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have some questions about JBPM/JPDL Api (maybe a minimal part question of a very long future list of questions... sorry)
I'm rewriting a task "to do list"... like the jbpm-console.
Why ?
1) Because jbpm-console doesn't manager authorizations (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=141654)
2) Because I want a standard user interface between my ERP and WorkFlow system

about point 2):
2.a) how can I get a task/process instance image rappresentation ?
I know I can get the jpg image of the process definition using

         ProcessDefinition vPD = vJbpmContext.getGraphSession().loadProcessDefinition(aProcessDefinition);
         vBytes = vPD.getFileDefinition().getBytes("processimage.jpg");

and there is a very good example for process instance at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=102817
(thank you very much Mr. dleerob). But.. there is a more simple way ? like the getBytes("processoimage.jsp" ... directly from standard jpdl api?
Will be implements in a future release?

2.b) I can define variables. It is possible to define 3 properties : "required", "read", "write"
What's about nature of the field ? e.g. a list of value or if it is a number (and maybe the precision) or is a string, a date and so on?
If it is possible to define this additional properties... how can I get it from jpdl api?

I'm try also to get a look to java source code of the jbmp-console, but it is not so simple to found all response

thank you to all.
Bye
Roberto

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175337#4175337