[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: ProcessDefinition to XML

lseymore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 10 04:31:15 EDT 2008

I just have a couple of comments for anyone who might be looking at the same issue.

This is in regards to version 3.2.3.

I first tried the org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlXmlWriter class:
The org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlXmlWriter is a deprecated class and would have been useful if it wrote the complete XML.

Next I tried com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream to create an XML representation for me, but it seems very tedious to generate a human friendly XML markup - I might end up (de-)serializing ProcessDefinition objects using this class anyway.

Finally I tried manually building up XML from the ProcessDefinition object by, but this is a very painful, horrible, and useless approach:
- I got stuck when trying to generate a Node's leavingTransitions, calling any method on the resulting list caused a NullPointerException - so I gave up.

My last resort is to try and find the where in the designer (eclipse plugin) source the XML is generated.  Unfortunately I have not been successful in my search and might just give up on the whole idea soon.

If you have any comments, suggestions or alternative solutions please let me know.

Thanks,
- L

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175507#4175507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175507