[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss JMXConsole ManagedConnection Pool Question

JKV do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 10 05:23:53 EDT 2008

I am using JBoss 4.2.2 with EJB3.0 and Hibernate. I use MSSQL as my back end and I have configured mssql-ds.xml for minimum and maximum connections in the pools to be as follows...

<min-pool-size>100</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>200</max-pool-size>..

>From this I believe that the maximum connections that my DataBase should create for this client is 200. I dont know the exact meaning of this tag though. But when I ran my system for some time where it processes 200000 messages I went to the JMX Console by clicking the link

name=MSSQLDB,service=ManagedConnectionPool

and I was surprised to find the column value connection created count to be 796!!!!

ConnectionCreatedCount int R 796

Is there something going wrong anywhere??

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175520#4175520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175520