[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Custom principal from standalone client

johanandren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 10 08:46:50 EDT 2008

We are working on a standalone swing client for our own enterprise application running on jboss. From the information available on the net we have managed to get simple authentication against database tables with jboss up and running without much fuss.

The problem is that we need an additional property on our Principal. The property is a code that specifies which set of our pretty complex configuration rules should apply for a specific user session.

We have implemented our own Principal and subclassed DatabaseServerLoginModule to create an instance of it instead of the default principal. The problem is that the additional property is not a property of the user in the user database but rather a runtime property that the user sets in the login dialog when starting the application. This is solved by doing a remote ejb-call directly after the initial context is setup that sets the 'code'.

There must be a better way to do this, we have tried to set initialcontext properties but they do not seem accessible from the LoginModule, we have tried creating the custom principal on the client side and sending that - no success.

Can someone give us a good pointer to a good way to do this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175567#4175567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175567