[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Pure RMI

hudara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 11 08:25:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to expose some methods using "Pure RMI" on jBoss 4.0.5GA.

When I say "Pure RMI" this means that my interface extends the java.rmi.Remote class.

Note that I'm not talking about a remote connection to an Statefull\stateless session Facade (EJB), which are also a type of RMI.

My questions are:
1. Where can I find a document describing how to do it on jBoss.

2. How can I solve the "anonymous port selection" assuming my application will be installed behind a firewall? Is replacing the transport layer to an HTTP transport layer should work? if yes, how exectly this can be done o jBoss?

3. If I execute the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry method upon server startup, and try to bind this RMI for the defual port (1099), I get an error saying that this port is already bind. This may hint that this is not the correct way to implement RMI. What is the correct way?

Thanks
Guy Hudara

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175836#4175836

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175836