[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Validation of input

JBossWS_NewBee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 11 17:13:47 EDT 2008

I had a similar question:
I have a WSDL operation which is based on a XML schema with the following info:

<xs:element name="CheckInDate">
  <xs:annotation>
     <xs:documentation>CheckInDate: YYMMDD</xs:documentation>
  </xs:annotation>
  <xs:simpleType>
  <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
     <xs:length value="6"/>
     <xs:pattern value="\d\d\d\d\d\d"/>
   </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>
</xs:element>

<xs:element name="FolioID">
    <xs:simpleType>
    <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
         <xs:minLength value="0"/>
         <xs:maxLength value="25"/>
     </xs:restriction>
     </xs:simpleType>
</xs:element>

Couple of questions around this schema:
1. Does JBossWS framework understand the xml schema constraints of  xs:minLength, xs:maxLength and xs:pattern, if specified?

2. What kind of error (Soap or otherwise) does the JBossWS framework throw or report to the WS-Client, if minLength, maxLength and pattern constraints are violated.?

3. If not, do I need to do a validation around these constraints in my code and throw a wsdl 'validation error' fault.

Thanks in Advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175988#4175988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175988