[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - How to enforce a limit to the number of users?

benoitx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 06:42:44 EDT 2008

Hi

We are using JAAS DatabaseServerLoginModule for a Swing application connecting to JBoss 4.0.5.

Our application is using stateless session beans.

Is there a built-in mechanism to LIMIT the number of users (concurrent or otherwise) in order to enforce some kind of licensing of our application?

I appreciate this is a vast subject but just having a mechanism that could 'count' the number of users and reject a login if N users are already logged in would be great!  Being stateless does not help in this case, but may be there is a JAAS module that does this...

Any suggestion most welcomed,

Many thanks

Benoit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176080#4176080