[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - MDB stops servicing any messages (ReceiversCount goes to 0)

ravichittari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 14 22:07:55 EDT 2008

Environment
Jboss 4.2.2
OS RHEL 4.0
JDK 5.0

Question:
I have very simple MDB implementation where I log some data into db asyncrhonously. This implementation works fine except sometimes, it runs to a situation where-in ReceiversCount on the Queue goes to 0 and QueueDepth increases.

(a) When would the RecieversCount go to zero? ie. the only one receiver associated with this queue is empty or null

(b) When I look into the logs I see
javax.resource.ResourceException: Interrupted while requesting permit! Waited 0 ms
logged in server.log

This seems like the thread is already in interrupted state or being interrupted when a simple getConnection() request is made.

Below is stack trace
2008-09-14 15:57:51,180 ERROR [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl] could not create session
javax.resource.ResourceException: Interrupted while requesting permit! Waited 0 ms
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:309)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:500)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:341)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:315)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:396)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.allocateConnection(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:389)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.createSession(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:369)

So, the final question, is are (a) and (b) related? if so, what is the solution?
I think I gave all info but could add more.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176393#4176393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176393