[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: How to make asynchronous calls using Transporter?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 15 23:58:20 EDT 2008

That's a fair question.

We've been working on two tracks simultaneously: Remoting 2 and Remoting 3.  In general, our philosophy has been that we should do what needs to be done for the Remoting 2 versions (2.2 and 2.4/2.5) while trying to finish Remoting 3.  Further development of transporters has been been pushed off to release 2.5.1.Beta (formerly known as 2.4.1.Beta), instead of including it in 2.4.0.GA, since currently we don't perceive transporters as a crucial feature.

Simply put, Remoting 3 is much more important to us right now than further development of Remoting 2.4/2.5.  The most likely scenario is that we will continue to concentrate on the core features of Remoting 3 and then, if the demand is still there, add features like transporters to Remoting 3. It is quite possible that Remoting 2.5.1 will never appear.

Another scenario is that someone outside of the Remoting group contributes additional transporter code.

Personally, I like tranporters, so I hope they will continue to exist in some form.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176661#4176661

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176661