[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Remoting 3 trunk - Ordered delivery problem

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 12:01:36 EDT 2008

"barbacena" wrote : How many threads execute handleRequest method per (session) client? To accomplish this execution order guarantee (A B and C) only one thread can execute per session client.

Just one.  This is the only way to keep ordering I think.  However like I said, the request handler may immediately dispatch an asynchronous task.

I was also thinking about adding an API element to the RequestContext class: a "resume()" method that basically allows the next waiting request to be processed immediately in another thread (as opposed to executing a background thread for every request).  What do you think?

anonymous wrote :
  | That is something I would like know.... can I reply asynchronously?

Absolutely.

anonymous wrote :
  | May I help with something?

Well once marshalling is integrated, we'll need a LOT of testing.  Also feel free to join the #jboss-remoting channel on irc.freenode.net if you have specific ideas.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176858#4176858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176858