[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: How to stop optimization of remote call?

bdinnerv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 00:18:05 EDT 2008

"sacha.labourey at jboss.com" wrote : Frankly, I am worried whenever somebody mentions that it is something they want to do (i.e. remove the optimization). Really ask yourself: is this REALLY what I am trying to do? Is this this architecture you want? Is this really necessary? There is already some level of load-balancing taking place in-front of your node, right?

This makes the assumption that the client is outside the node and does not cater for scenarios where clients are inside the node. Not all clients to applications are http clients and you need to understand that there are a multitude of examples whereby the client is inside the container and there is no other load balancing mechanism available.

Cheers,

Ben

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176981#4176981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176981