[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Need suggestion about how to proceed.

rks_86 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 06:57:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm migrating from websphere to JBoss 4.2.3GA.
So i need help in deploying and configuring app in JBoss.
JBoss server is deployed and running perfectly fine.

What i do in Websphere.
1.I deploy the WAR file which contains only jar files.
2.I give Java Virtual Machine arguments in each server.
JVM Args: -DMSM.HOME=/opt/MSM/SYSTEMi/Systemi -DMSM.CONFIG=/opt/MSM/Sys/Config/config.xml
3.I copy the resource folder to some location like opt/MSM/SYSTEMi/Systemi/Resource this folder contains all the html files and templates used for IBM HTTP Server.
4.Once i finished configuring httpd.conf file in HTTP server, i restart the App server and thats all deployment finished

Note: Config.xml contains all the configuration parameters for MSMApp
like hostname,webservice port number,jdbc details,etc.
We use our connection pool to connect to oracle db.

For Jboss what i did till now:

1.Installed JBoss in /opt/JBoss folder successfully. already set all the env varibales like JAVA_HOME,JBOSS_HOME,etc.
2.Copied WAR file to default/deploy folder
3.created Resouce folder where all HTML and templates resides.
4.In run.sh file exported one parameter JAVA_OPTS
I have set JAVA_OPTS variable with all the java arguments i gave in Websphere.
which is -DMSM.HOME=/opt/MSM/SYSTEMi/Systemi -DMSM.CONFIG=/opt/MSM/Sys/Config/config.xml
5.Restarted the server as parameter run.sh -c default -b 0.0.0.0
6.Server restarted successfully with out any errors.
7.In Jboss console Application list my application is showing up active and deployed.
8.But still I'm not able to view my application.
9.My application Url: http://localhost:8080/MSM/Userlogin
10.So after all these Please suggest me am i missing something which is required for configuration.
(This much configuration works fine in Websphere.}

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177072#4177072

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177072