[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss slow after long uptime

couzteau do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 12:36:24 EDT 2008

I now have a few thread dumps, but I'm not quite sure what to look for. I always have about 115 threads out of which about 33-38 are RUNNABLE. 32-34 are in state TIMED_WAITING, 32-34 are WAITING.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the thread or the threads that are burning CPU must be in state RUNNABLE and I guess, I will need to take take a look at a number of snapshots to actually catch the thread while it is executing.

In all of my dumps the GC Daemon is in state TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor), even though the machine is really busy. Does that mean it's not the GC Daemon?

What else should I look for?

I wasn't able to turn on GC logging on the production server, so I have no results from that side (yet).

Thank you for more help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177196#4177196

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177196