[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - JAXB in jBPM

hauch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 15:54:11 EDT 2008

I'm trying to use JAXB in jBPM, which produces the error mentioned in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1404.
I have downloaded the source code and tried to apply the patch described in the jira by replacing only the class and the inner classes.
Unfortunately I am not able to get it to work.
I am using the jBPM bundled with JBoss ESB 4.4, and I have downloaded and patched jpdl-3.2.2-SOA-4.2 from subversion.

The findClass in ProcessClassLoader now looks like:
    public Class findClass(String name) throws ClassNotFoundException {
  |     Class clazz = null;
  |
  |     FileDefinition fileDefinition = processDefinition.getFileDefinition();
  |     if (fileDefinition!=null) {
  |       String fileName = "classes/" + name.replace( '.', '/' ) + ".class";
  |       byte[] classBytes;
  |       try {
  |         classBytes = fileDefinition.getBytes(fileName);
  |         clazz = defineClass(name, classBytes, 0, classBytes.length);
  |       } catch (JbpmException e) {
  |         clazz = null;
  |       }
  |      // Add the package information
  |      final int packageIndex = name.lastIndexOf('.') ;
  |      if (packageIndex != -1) {
  |        final String packageName = name.substring(0, packageIndex) ;
  |        final Package classPackage = getPackage(packageName) ;
  |        if (classPackage == null) {
  |          definePackage(packageName, null, null, null, null, null, null, null) ;
  |        }
  |        System.out.println("package is: "+packageName);
  |       }
  |     }
  |
  |     if (clazz==null) {
  |       throw new ClassNotFoundException("class '"+name+"' could not be found by the process classloader");
  |     }
  |
  |     return clazz;
  |   }

- and the output is:
20:14:04,030 INFO  [STDOUT] package is: dk.lenio.em.smile.jbpm.vo
20:14:04,063 ERROR [GraphElement] action threw exception: "dk.lenio.em.smile.jbpm.vo" doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index
javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: "dk.lenio.em.smile.jbpm.vo" doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index

I have a class named ObjectFactory in the package dk.lenio.em.smile.jbpm.vo.

Any suggestions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177235#4177235

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177235