[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Please help, cannot get @RolesAllowed to work.

mjremijan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 19 12:23:54 EDT 2008

I am trying to get @RolesAllowed to work but despite setting a user which does NOT have the role "JournalAccountLogin" the web service method is allowed to be called anyway.  See below for what I have configured. From the client I use a user which has the role "Journal JWS" so I can get past the <security-constraints> definition in the web.xml, however this user does NOT have the "JournalAccountLogin" role so when I try to call the login(...) method I was expecting the call to not work but it does.  Can anyone help with this?

WEB SERVICE

  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	@RolesAllowed("JournalAccountLogin")
  | 	public Account login(...) { ... }