[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - @MessageDriven annotation

bfach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 19 17:06:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am attempting to find a workaround for @MessageDriven annotation issue.  If you put @MessageDriven and want to add more deployments using the deployment descriptors in the ear, you will have an error saying that the destination type is not configured for <<default bean name>>.

This is due to the @MessageDriven annotation.  If i do not use this annotation and describe all my beans in the xml deployment descriptors, the problem disappears.  I would like to use the @MessageDriven annotation if possible.

The idea is to have multiple types of MDBs in one deployable ear file that can be updated to deploy different types. For example.

<enterprise-beans>
    <message-driven>
      <ejb-name>MDBA</ejb-name>
      <ejb-class>main.MDBA</ejb-class>
      <acknowledge-mode>Auto-acknowledge</acknowledge-mode>
      <message-driven-destination>
        <destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</destination-type>
      </message-driven-destination>
    </message-driven>
    <message-driven>
      <ejb-name>MDBB</ejb-name>
      <ejb-class>main.MDBB</ejb-class>
      <acknowledge-mode>Auto-acknowledge</acknowledge-mode>
      <message-driven-destination>
        <destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</destination-type>
      </message-driven-destination>
    </message-driven>
  </enterprise-beans>

The idea here is that both classes use common framework provided to it within the same deployable.

Both classes would have the @MessageDriven annotation however I would like to remove the error that is deplayed if you do not add in configuration here for a bean that is automatically deployed due to the @MessageDriven annotation in the event that you do not want to deploy MDBA.

Thanks for the help.  I hope it isn't too confusing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177755#4177755

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177755