[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - JBPM Variables

AmiraTalbi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 22 09:41:03 EDT 2008

Hi;
I have a big problem that don't let me continue testing my process.

My pb seams to be simple, but .... I have found no solution

So... in few words; I have a method executed concurrently by two or more threads. This method set a processInstance variable; and this variable is recuperated by a second thread to be updated. The var is java List that I recuperate to add a new element.

The pb is, when the second process gets the var setted by the first one, the variable is always null....

So I added a logger to inspect the var just after setting it, and it is always null. But the process is using it internally and it works with no problems :(

List<PtlReportedInfo> confirmedMsgs= (List<PtlReportedInfo> ) jbpmManager.getVariable(bpmId, PtlProcessVariables.CONFIRMATION_MSGS);

  |         log.log(Level.INFO, "________________confirmedMsgs_________________"+ confirmedMsgs);
  |

  |         List<PtlReportedInfo> initialVar= confirmedMsgs;
  |
  |         if(confirmedMsgs==null){
  |           confirmedMsgs=new ArrayList<PtlReportedInfo>();
  |         }
  |
  |         confirmedMsgs.add(ptlInfo);
  |         jbpmManager.setProcessVariable(bpmId, PtlProcessVariables.CONFIRMED_MSG,
  |             confirmedMsgs);
  |
  |         log.log(Level.INFO, "--"+ jbpmManager.getVariable(bpmId, PtlProcessVariables.CONFIRMATION_MSGS));

I need an urgent help please :(
I have no more ideas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178056#4178056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178056