[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messages don't appear to cluster properly

kenwdelong do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 22 18:53:51 EDT 2008

We have two JMS servers in a cluster.  We have set up the instances to cluster: Post Office and the Destinations have Clustered=true.  We are using JBoss Messaging 1.4.0 on JBoss AS 4.2.2.

We have a queue that parses incoming (XML) messages.  If the parsing breaks (the client sent a badly-formatted message) the listener puts the message on a "invalid message queue".

The invalid message queues have no listeners attached.

When we look on server 1, we see one number of messages in the invalid message queue, while server 2 has a different number.  It seems they are staying on the same node that they posted on.

I expected that a distributed queue would show the same number of messages in the queue no matter what server I looked from.

Is this normal behavior?  Is it because there is no listener?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178161#4178161

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178161