[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Need help in naming the datasource files?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 23 10:26:32 EDT 2008

"muddu_shafi" wrote : Please help me, I am a newbie…..

  | I have a class which is looking for JNDI in Jboss, I have deployed the jar file for this project in Jboss deploy directory.
  | Can any one explain me, where should I place my datasource xml file, i.e should I place it in the deploy directory itself?
  | What should I name the XML files?
  | Upon seeing the files I thought I should name them as
  | proxy-ds.xml, proxy-backup-ds.xml, web-ds.xml.
  | Am I right? Or should I name it differently?

You have to place the datasource files in the deploy folder. The file names should end with -ds.xml. See the %JBOSS_HOME%\docs\examples\jca folder for examples.

Also see these:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/DSdotXML

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/ConfigDataSources

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178342#4178342