[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Sharing Session Data Between War Files

jabailo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 25 19:47:28 EDT 2008

I need to do the following:

>From a servlet in one one.WAR, establish a session variable on another two.WAR and then redirect to a page in two.WAR that reads the session variable.

It seems like a session var created in one.WAR does not carry over to two.WAR.

I also tried posting data using HttpURLConnection to a .jsp in two.WAR, setting up a session variable and then doing sendRedirect.  But the session var doesn't exist.

I also tried retrieving the value of JSESSIONID from the Post above, and setting it as a cookie for the Path of the two.WAR.  But again, the value of the session variable in two.WAR was null.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178938#4178938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178938