[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Yet another isolated classloader question

tomstrummer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 26 15:04:08 EDT 2008

I am trying to create a simple web app built with Maven.  Maven by default will package all dependencies in the WAR, which causes classloader issues if those libraries are also already in JBoss.

Ok, so I thought classloader isolation solved this problem, but apparently I'm not understanding it correctly.  The error is that ELResolver was already loaded (the el-api JAR is in my WAR under /WEB-INF/lib):

  | Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpected error during load of: javax.el.ELResolver, msg=loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/jboss/mx/loading/UnifiedClassLoader3) previously initiated loading for a
  |  different type with name "javax/el/ELResolver"
  |         at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:560)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:415)
  |         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
  |         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Here's my jboss-web.xml.  My understanding was that this means I get an isolated classloader that will use the classes in my WAR only and not those of the app server:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.4//EN"
  |     "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_4_0.dtd">
  | <jboss-web>
  | 	<class-loading>
  | 		<loader-repository>seam.jboss.org:loader=pjm-mule.war
  | 			<loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
  | 		</loader-repository>
  | 	</class-loading>
  | </jboss-web>

What am I doing wrong?  Am I absolutely forced to remove this JAR from my WAR?  I have a similar problem with an EAR but this is a much simpler example.  Thanks in advance for the help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179135#4179135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179135