[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss MDB fails to consume from JBoss ESB queue

idaplan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 28 23:09:59 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

thank you for focusing me on this. It has been a while since we have been looking at that  list of required jars.

In the meantime we tried JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA to host our MDB. This works fine now - just with adding the jboss-messaging-client.jar (without any changes to existing jars - like patching the jboss-remoting.jar).
I may also mention that the same combination: JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA MDB against a JBoss ESB 4.2.1 works on Windows/Windows too! But not on Linux/Linux :-(

I guess the list of jars mentioned in the user guides serves well when programming a standalone client program. I remember we used this before to get a simple client running with our ESB. But they will likely conflict with the rest of the jars of the JBoss AS. We tried to put jbossall-client.jar into the server/default/lib folder before (when we was still trying with 4.2.2) and it raised exceptions on startup.
Also I do not see how to control the order in which jars are loaded from the server/default/lib folder (e.g. to ensure that the patched jboss-remoting.jar is loaded before jbossall-client.jar).

I am wondering if so little people have this configuration: Running JBoss AS instances against a JBoss ESB using MDBs. It would be nice to have some more hints - for each release - which jars/settings have to be considered. I hardly found anything (googeling, searching the Wiki) regarding this combination.

Regards
Stefan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179256#4179256

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179256