[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Multiple EJBs with same name in different jars - deploym

itsme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 30 08:41:23 EDT 2008

HI jaikiran,

the spec states (p.494):
anonymous wrote :
  | Binding of enterprise bean references. The Application Assembler may link an enterprise
  | bean reference to another enterprise bean in the ejb-jar file or in the same Java EE application
  | unit. The Application Assembler creates the link by adding the ejb-link element to the referencing
  | bean. The Application Assembler uses the ejb-name of the referenced bean for the
  | link. If there are multiple enterprise beans with the same ejb-name, the Application Assembler
  | uses the path name specifying the location of the ejb-jar file that contains the referenced
  | component. The path name is relative to the referencing ejb-jar file. The Application Assembler
  | appends the ejb-name of the referenced bean to the path name separated by #. This
  | allows multiple beans with the same name to be uniquely identified.

As far as I would comment this; I would assume that it is the application assemblers responsibility to keep binding name unique within the scope of an application. In this case an application can be an ejb-jar or an ear.

Regards
\sandor\

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179553#4179553

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179553