[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Problems using

bernie_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 4 09:54:14 EDT 2009

Hello!

I'm using the latest version of JBoss Tools (3.0.0GA) together with a fresh installation of EclipseEE 3.4.2 and JBoss AS 4.2.3 for Seam development.
I switched from an alpha version of JBoss Tools and ran into a weird problem when using the full-publish and auto-publish function.

Here's the scenario:
I deploy a new seam app and modify some java-code.
The class-file is then automatically published to the server and I want to restart the application in order to reload the changed class.

What makes me wonder is that even a full-publish from the server-view in eclipse does not restart the application - it only makes the hibernate entitymanager-factory close and re-open again - at least that's what I see in the logs.
I always have to touch the application.xml or web.xml to force my application to restart and re-load the class-files.
Is there any way to do this in eclipse, since the alpha-version of Jboss Tools did exactly what I need? When I changed some xhtml-file only those were published to the server (without any persistence-unit to re-initialize) and when I changed some java-code I had to do a "full publish" which triggered the application-reload in Jboss AS.
It's also weird that a simple xhtml change/save-action results in a re-initialization of the persitence-unit, is there a good reason for this?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or did not find those features.
I hope somebody can help me.

Best regards,

Bernie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223441#4223441