[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Good framework to use in JBoss Portal?

apemberton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 14:32:48 EDT 2009

If the JBoss Portlet Bridge is still a bit too cutting edge for your shop, we've used Spring Portlet MVC successfully in several large scale JBoss Portlet projects. Though, it does come with the typical spring headaches (verbose xml, type safety issues).

The answer here depends on a number of factors specific to your project:
- skillset of your development team / re-training costs
- number and kind of existing applications to migrate
- number and kind of new applications to be developed

The idea of writing Seam apps and using the JSR301 / Portlet Bridge to suck them into the portal is *very* appealing; though, I can't say from experience how "ready" the stack is: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/PBR

Good luck!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224142#4224142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224142