[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: ClassCastException in remote EJB3.0 lookup from tomcat w

marcelr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 8 12:56:06 EDT 2009

I am expiriencing a similar problem. Altought my exception is:

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: uy.com.tpc.discount.servicios.DiscountServiceRemote (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)]

I believe the url and lookup name are OK since if I change it it gives another exception(Without the RMI thing)

Also I read in a few places that with EJB3 you don't actually need the 'narrow' call. You can just lookup the interface without that extra step. I am not possitive on this but I've seen it in at least 3 different forums.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224429#4224429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224429