[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Hibernate Error when persist the outer ProcessInstance.

boercher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 9 05:21:13 EDT 2009

Obviously creation of ProcessInstances involves the database. I've looked up the ProcessInstance constructor:

  public ProcessInstance(ProcessDefinition processDefinition, Map<String, Object> variables, String key)
  |   {
  |     [...]
  |     // if this process instance is created in the context of a persistent operation
  |     Services.assignId(this);
  |     [...]
  |   }

You are surely operating in the context of a persistent operation so this call to this static method of Services (I guess these are the services from the jbpm.cfg.xml) will do some Hibernate stuff.

Since jBPM heavily relies on a database for everything (transaction safety, logging, ...) I would guess that it will be hard to work around that by other means than by crude hacks.

Volker

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224595#4224595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224595