[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Multiple data sources when using MySQL

cpslo1999 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 15 12:28:30 EDT 2009

I started with a clean copy of the "standard" server and applied the instructions from http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12255

This is JBoss 5.0.1.GA and MySQL 5.1.33

Here are my notes corresponding to the step in the instructions:
1) Done
2) Done
3) Done
4) Referenced file (standardjaws.xml) not found, step skipped
5) datasource - No change needed; datasource-mapping - It was commented out with "optional since 4.0", I uncommented it and put in the suggested value of mySQL; fk-constraint - changed as instructed
6) Added the specified security realm inserting my databases credentials (leaving the already present HsqlDbRealm)
7) Referenced file (hsql-jdbc2-service.xml) was not found, substituted hsqldb-persistence-service.xml and mysql-persistence-service.xml in this step instead.
8) As in (7) the file was not found, using mysql-persistence-service.xml instead, the referenced elements were not present, and the data source seemed to be set to DefaultDS already.
9) Referenced file (hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml) was not found

I started JBoss without my application deployed and got the following message:

  | 08:57:58,476 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=DefaultDS' to JNDI name 'java:DefaultDS'
  | 08:57:58,820 WARN  [JDBCPersistenceManager] JBoss Messaging Warning: DataSource connection transaction isolation should be READ_COMMITTED, but it is currently REPEATABLE_READ. Using an isolation level less strict than READ_COMMITTED may lead to data consistency problems. Using an isolation level more strict than READ_COMMITTE may lead to deadlock.
  | 08:57:59,007 INFO  [ServerPeer] JBoss Messaging 1.4.1.GA server [0] started
  | 08:57:59,038 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryBinding,name=JmsXA' to JNDI name 'java:JmsXA'
  | 08:57:59,070 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/
  | 08:57:59,117 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console
  | 08:57:59,163 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of
  | incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusterPullConnectionFac
  | tory" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")

I added the element to deploy/mysql-ds.xml

  | <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITED</transaction-isolation>

I restarted JBoss and got the following message:

  | 09:13:23,431 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusterPullConnectionFac
  | tory" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory" is mi
  | ssing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.destination:name=DLQ,service=Queue" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging.destination:name=ExpiryQueue,service=Queue" is mis
  | sing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |   Deployment "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory' **")
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  |   Deployment "jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory' **

I commented out the element <depends options-attribute-name="ChannelFactoryName">jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory</depends> in the file deploy/messaging/mysql-persistence-service.xml

JBoss now starts with this warning:

  | 09:18:12,162 WARN  [ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper] supportsFailover attribute is true on connection factory: jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory but post office is non clustered. So connection factory will *not* support failover
  | 09:18:12,162 WARN  [ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper] supportsLoadBalancing attribute is true on connection factory: jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory but post office is non clustered. So connection factory will *not* support load balancing

I'll work on deploying a second DS, my JMS queues, and app with this configuration and post my results as I go.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225690#4225690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225690