[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Running JBoss 5 within Eclipse with a different set of p

Oberiko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 16 19:26:34 EDT 2009

Thanks Peter.  Using what you said I think I found the solution.

Instead of editing the launch configuration though, you can actually just double-click on the server from either the "Servers" or "JBoss Server View" views to open up the "Overview" window.

>From there, select "Open launch configuration" and add the ports-01 parameter to the "Arguments" tab.  After that, you can modify the "Server Properties" on the main "Overview" window you have to adjust the port to "8180" and the JNDI Port to "1199" (I'd guess more if you use ports-02 etc.).

While my server starts up fine (and is recognized as starting), I find that it doesn't shutdown properly.  At first I was getting a whole heap of errors (it was still looking for 1099), but now I don't get any messages at all.  It does shutdown and restart without a hitch, but it's still a little worrisome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226067#4226067

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226067