[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Load balancer to wit till the jboss server started

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 17 10:18:19 EDT 2009

Is there a way we can notify the load balancing algorithm(RoundRobin) to choose the target(JBoss server for invocation) which is fully started with all the services deployed(meaning that the server is fully started with the attribute change notification org.jboss.system.server.started).

No, the target becomes available as part of the start of the proxy factory of the service (which is part of the overall start of the service, i.e. the EJB). There's no simple hook to alter that.  This design is based on the idea that the EJB shouldn't be started until the services it depends on are started.

I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse here, but I really don't understand what your problem is. AIUI, you have an EJB that is receiving requests before some other service is ready; the solution is to declare a dependency such that the EJB doesn't deploy until the other service is ready. (Or perhaps deploy the EJB in the deploy/deploy.last dir.)

If I'm not understanding your problem correctly, I suggest you send me a *simple* test application that shows the problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226226#4226226

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226226