[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Adding a portlet to an existing portlet page

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 17 16:08:14 EDT 2009

Two options I can think of. One is to log in as admin and add the portlet to the page using the admin portal. The second is to create a second *-object.xml file that places the new portlet on the desired page (yes your project can have multiple *-object.xml files). This *-object.xml file would not create the page, only the portlet window, and it would reference the portlet page. Something like this:

<deployments>
  |   <deployment>
  |     <if-exists>keep</if-exists>
  |     <parent-ref>portletname.pagename</parent-ref>
  |     <window>
  |       <window-name>XXXPortletWindow</window-name>
  |       <instance-ref>XXXPortletInstance</instance-ref>
  |     </window>
  |   </deployment>
  | </deployments>

Actually, you could probably replace the existing *-object.xml file with the above contents and have it work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226289#4226289

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226289